I’m co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Woodsy. Along with an original site, The Woodsy is a digital newsletter of PNW topics, insights and enthusiasm, which can be enjoyed rain or shine, decaf or regular. My co-founder, and our Creative Director, Julia Ugarte, can be found here.
We believe in:
- Celebrating our PNW roots and culture
- The intelligence and savviness of our readers and community
- Staying informed and motivated as citizens
- The importance of connection, community, and belonging
- Owning our personality, voice, vulnerabilities, and passions
- Supporting other women, and in Ann Friedman’s “Shine Theory”
- Transparency and integrity
In other words, we want The Woodsy to be known for insightful, engaging and entertaining content with regional themes, and for presenting material that PNW women can connect with, learn from, and relate to.
Freelance Writing Samples:
- 4 Things Your Pregnant Friend Is Tired Of Hearing — And 6 Things You Should Say To Her Instead.
- How Becoming a Mother Made Me Need My Own Mom More Than Ever.
- 8 Reasons Why Working From Home Doesn’t Make You A Bad Mom *named one of Romper’s Top 50 Stories of 2016.*
- 10 Texts You Send Your Best Friend While You’re Hooked Up To Your Breast Pump *named one of Romper’s Top 50 Stories of 2016.*
- My Pregnancy Is The Reason I Marched On Washington
- 12 Ways Becoming a Mom Makes You Reconsider Your Views on Feminism.
- 7 Ways Kids Benefit From Having A Working Mom
- My Kid Is Teaching Me To Be A Better Person
- Breastfeeding Helped Me Reclaim My Sense Of Self
- Breakfasts to Enjoy While Listening to Your Favorite ’90s Pop Music (Extra Crispy, a Time Inc. site)
- That Time I Was In An Iconic 90s Movie *named a 2014 Fave (Hello Giggles)
- Spokane, Washington: About This Place (MapQuest)
- River Park Square: About This Place (MapQuest)
- Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture: About This Place (MapQuest)
- Manito Park: About This Place (MapQuest)
- Green Bluff Near Spokane, WA (MapQuest)
- Must-see Landmarks: The Flour Mill In Spokane (MapQuest)
- 10 Surprising Ways Parents of Young Kids Use Their Phones to Stay Sane (Techwalla)
- 12 Things that Happen As Soon As Your Baby Falls Asleep On You (Mommy Nearest)
- How My Work-from-Home Dad Made Me a Better Mom (Mommy Nearest)
- 9 Things I Buy For My Toddler That Are Actually For Me (Mommy Nearest)