Well, hello there! Contrary to what the lack of posts may imply, it’s a pleasure to report that I’m alive and even kicking a little! As to be expected, the continual process of moving has swallowed my soul for the last couple months, but now, finally, there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. I wanted to offer some highlights of the last few months to catch y’all up on what’s been going on.
- As a refresher: I moved to Eastern Washington in late May, for a new job. Mr. Ogden remained in SoCal a bit longer, to wrap up loose ends
- We saw each other three times over the summer, including a whirlwind weekend extravaganza in Las Vegas (my first time there!)
- In early August, Mr. Ogden joined me in Eastern Washington, and we moved into a house together. We made the 20+ hour drive from SoCal together, and it looked a lot like this:
- We are now (mostly) back to normal, finally sharing a home again, and both working full-time
- And, my personal favorite thing to report: We love Eastern Washington. We love the country music and the lower speed limits and the space and the lawn we have, and the cow pastures I drive by on my way to work.
I think that covers the basics. We’ve still got lots to do before we can say we’re done with the move (painting, furniture assembly, random purchases like towel racks and recycle bins, etc…) but it finally feels like our heads are above water. We’ve now set the kitchen up enough to make coffee and French toast, so that’s a plus.
I look forward to bringing blogging and writing back into my routine, so stay tuned for that. And, thanks for the patience during the down time…as a symbole of my appreciation, here is a picture of Hobbes, since that totally balances out two months of silence, right?